We are loving our Hearty Eggplant Curry Recipe, and you will too! 🍛 Snag your bag of SmartRice and make this dish today!
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger, or fresh
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed (you can sub for tofu)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can coconut milk (we used lite but full fat is creamier)
- 1 – 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Dash of paprika, turmeric, pepper, cayenne
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Cups SmartRice
- Cook your Smart Rice according to the directions on the bag when you begin your curry, so it’s done at the same time!
- Start by heating up your oil in a pan. Add in diced onion and cook on medium heat until golden. Add garlic & ginger then cook for one minute.
- Add eggplant, bell pepper, and chickpeas (or tofu).
- Add canned tomatoes, coconut milk, and spices.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Assemble your SmartRice and curry. Top with freshly squeezed lime if you desire. 🤗 Enjoy!
*Note: add veggie stock while cooking if curry needs a little more liquid!
SmartRice® is Good for You and Good for the Earth.
Rice – the most consumed calorie around the world and the second-highest in worldwide production. And yet, this most ancient of grains can offer the latest sustainable solution for even greater production on fewer acres reducing the need for chemicals, energy and water. It can – if that rice is SmartRice®. Developed through classical breeding, coupled with computer-aided trait selection, SmartRice® is better rice. It has the smallest carbon footprint of all commercially grown rice, thanks to a higher photosynthetic rate and naturally-occurring pest and disease tolerance, requiring less water, nitrogen and pesticides. SmartRice® is helping foster optimized on-farm growing practices to increase the appeal of America’s rice crop both domestically and overseas. Selecting SmartRice® as your preferred rice ingredient is the sustainable choice.