Veggie Fried Rice
This Chinese-inspired Veggie Fried Rice recipe is irresistibly delicious and pairs perfectly with air fried tofu on top! Could this recipe get any better? Oh wait. It can also be ready in under 20 minutes!
• 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or powdered)
• 3 cloves garlic (pressed or minced)
• 2 tbsp sesame or regular oil
• 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
• 1 small yellow onion, chopped
• 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
• 8 white mushrooms, sliced
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 4 cups cooked SmartRice (day old, refrigerated is best)
1. Heat a large pan or wok to medium high heat.
2. Add two tbsp of oil. Once hot, add your ginger and garlic and cook for a minute.
3. Add your chopped broccoli, carrots, and onions and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Now add your mushrooms and cook together for a few more minutes.
5. Add in your cooked SmartRice and mix together.
6. Pour in your soy sauce and stir.
7. You can now add in any cooked protein of your choice.
8. Enjoy your delicious and easy dinner!
SmartRice® is Good for You and Good for the Earth.
Rice – the most consumed calorie around the world and the second-highest in worldwide production. And yet, this most ancient of grains can offer the latest sustainable solution for even greater production on fewer acres reducing the need for chemicals, energy and water. It can – if that rice is SmartRice®. Developed through classical breeding, coupled with computer-aided trait selection, SmartRice® is better rice. It has the smallest carbon footprint of all commercially grown rice, thanks to a higher photosynthetic rate and naturally-occurring pest and disease tolerance, requiring less water, nitrogen and pesticides. SmartRice® is helping foster optimized on-farm growing practices to increase the appeal of America’s rice crop both domestically and overseas. Selecting SmartRice® as your preferred rice ingredient is the sustainable choice.